This smoothie has it all. Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and a burst of nutrition. I had an overpopulation of beets in my fridge so decided to make my first ever beet smoothie. Now it will stay in my weekly menu. Beets are full of benefits and also said to help decrease birth defects so a nice smoothie to recommend to pregnant women in my classes.
In a blender to serve 1 ( or 2 small glasses)
- 1/3 frozen banana slices
- 1 cup strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1 cooked beet cubed ( the beet should be about half the size of your palm)
- Handful spinach
- 1 inch fresh ginger cut into little pieces
- Non dairy milk of choice (about 200ml or 1 cup)
- Optional 1 tbsp of non dairy yogurt ( or Greek if you eat dairy)
Blend that baby up. May need to add more milk depending on your blender. Also using frozen fruit will give it a more shake texture. So it is up to you.
What I like is that strawberries and beets go so well together. Forgot there was even spinach in there! Ginger is a nice kick too. Mint could be another nice addition or substitute.
Enjoy this vibrant glass of antioxidants!