This one is a massive bowl of green goodness. Packed with so much nutrients and vegetables, yet comforting and delish. Easy to whip up too. It is a gnocchi with avocado pesto and other greens to give it a kick. So without further delay.
In a blender mix the following:
- 1 avocado
- Half of whole lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil and parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A couple tbsp water to get blender to blend
You can also use a handblender too if you do not have a normal blender.
On the stove:
- Cook 1 package (500 grams) of gnocchi per package directions (if you need vegan or gluten free be sure to check ingredients)
- Add 1 cup frozen peas to the boiling water of gnocchi
When gnocchi is ready (normally about 3-5 minutes) drain and add
- 0.5 cups green pitted olives (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Additional fresh basil (amount up to your tastes)
- 1 handful spinach or argula
Stir in pesto. Sprinkle pinenuts on top of dish and ready to serve. From start to finish it should take only 10-15 minutes. So a winner already. The above recipe serves about 3 people. Enjoy this quick & easy dish that is delish!